The path from high school to college can be confusing and feel overwhelming. An experienced guide can help you save time, make smart decisions, and improve the chances of getting accepted at a college of your choice.
My comprehensive services cover the key areas listed to the right and more, and are customized for each client — from onsite group presentations for employers and community groups, to one-on-one coaching sessions with parents and students. I can work with you for the entire journey — or just step in as needed to review an application and supplemental materials, help prepare for interviews, or offer an objective perspective as you finalize your choices.
In addition to delivering services in person and in the workplace, I have successfully helped students and families all over the country with consultations by phone, Skype, and online.
Call 412-521-GRAD (4723) for a free discussion of your needs!
NOTE: I do all I can to improve each student’s chances of being admitted to the colleges of their choice. However, I cannot guarantee admission to any institution.
Call today to discuss how I can customize the services below for your family, workplace, community group or school.
- Assess student needs and goals
- Evaluate academic and extracurricular history and plans (including review of secondary school transcript, standardized testing and other relevant materials)
- Assist in planning course curriculum and extracurricular activities (community service, employment, summer programs, etc.)
- Research and develop a personalized college list that fits the student’s academic and personal interests
- Thoroughly explain the college admissions process
- Develop timeline for appropriate standardized testing
- Advise on planning college visits and interview preparation
- Select and approach appropriate teachers for the most effective letters of recommendation
- Finalize list of “best fit” schools
- Create college applications timeline; assist with and review completed applications
- Assist with and review college essays, activities resume, and other supplemental materials
- Explore opportunities for students with exceptional talent in academics, athletics, the arts, etc.
- Address individual concerns related to learning disability support, health issues, etc.
- Offer objective perspective on choosing among colleges after acceptances have been received
- If needed, assist with securing college admission deferment to travel or participate in enrichment programs
- Provide organizational support, including spelling out timelines, deadlines, and to-do lists, creating a College Planning Binder, and email/phone reminders as needed
- Provide general overview of financial aid and scholarship considerations
“Thank you so much for your help with the entire application process. I couldn't have done it without you.”— D.S., Student